Monday, May 14, 2007

Thoughts on Babette

So here are the details. I saw the Babette blanket on this website, and I just had to do it. I had decided to order Swish Superwash yarn from Knit Picks, so I ordered 7 colors, enough to get started but far from the 17 colors the blanket requires. While I was waiting for the yarn to arrive, I was perusing this website and found that someone was making the blanket with Caron Simply Soft yarn. This idea appealed to me because the yarn was substantially cheaper and the colors were brighter. So I switched brands and went with the Caron. I did end up using 2 colors of the Swish as well.

Without giving away the pattern, I will say that the odd sized granny squares are joined in panels. There are 10 sections, first you assemble the squares in each section according to the pattern, then each panel is joined together. I have made 4 panels so far. Here are 2 pictures, with and without flash. Neither pic shows the true colors, but you get the idea.




I have decided to take a picture of the blanket after I finish each panel. But the panels are getting bigger so they will take longer to work up. Also, I have been weaving in the ends as I go, and it's not that hard, I don't know why people put it off until the end and have a million ends to weave in.

This ends my update for now.

No comments: