Saturday, July 21, 2012

EAT -- Effort

I was dreading my weigh-in this morning.  I didn't have a terrible week, eating-wise.  In fact, I attempted to drink more water this week.  But that was the only thing I had to make an effort to do. All the healthy eating and bike riding (33 miles) this week sort of came naturally.  I did it without a lot of thought, planning or effort.  I recognized this lack of effort and became convinced that it would result in a gain.  Nope!  Lost 2.2 pounds!  This is a turning point for me. In the past, even back in February when I started this, I was making so much effort that if I lost 2.2 pounds, I wanted a medal.  And a parade. Things have certainly changed!  This turning point comes with a pitfall.  I am afraid that this perceived lack of effort will turn into an actual lack of effort and that I will slowly revert back to my former way of eating.  I need to keep an eye on that.  Also in the past, I have been reluctant to "go on a diet" because it consumes me to the point where it is all I can think of and talk about.  Obviously this has not been the case this time.  I am so grateful for that. Today is Saturday, the day I allow myself to eat my extra 49 points with controlled abandon.  Last week I ate a whole 7" pizza at South Perry Pizza, it was so delicious!  I wonder where my controlled abandon will take me today?

No comments: