Sunday, June 3, 2012

Closet Shopping

I started Weight Watchers in February. Now it is June and so far I have lost 26 pounds. Also, now that it is June, Leo's high school graduation is in a week! So this morning I went into my closet to try and put together an outfit to wear to it. I found a pair of black pants that are a size smaller that fit okay enough to wear, and the top I wore to my company's holiday party in December now fits and looks better and will be fine to wear.
So while I was in there trying on stuff I looked around and found some tops that I wore I don't know how long ago, and they fit! I now have 2 or 3 more choices in work clothes! Then I looked up and saw two tee shirts, both never worn. The first one was a Plant and Page 1995 tour shirt, size XL. It was the largest size they had and I really wanted it so I bought it even though it was too small for me. It has been sitting in my closet for 17 years. It is still too small, but I held it up and said to it, next summer I will wear you. There is another shirt I got from my best friend in Maine. It is black with planets and comets and stars on it. I love this shirt. It is a size large. I have had it at least 20 or more years. I held it up and admired it and envisioned myself wearing it while riding my bike. And for the first time, I looked at those shirts and instead of seeing my past, I saw my future. I cannot tell you how that felt.


See you next summer!

No comments: