Monday, May 7, 2012

BIKE-- Three Days In

Well, it has been three days since I got my bike.  I have ridden every day!  Granted, the rides have only been 8-10 minutes long, but hey, you have to start somewhere! I figure if I keep riding regularly, it will eventually get easier.  I hope that is true.  I was looking at a bike rack for the RAV 4, but because it doesn't have a trailer hitch I would have to get one that attaches to the spare tire mount. Those cost around $200, so it looks like if I take my bike anywhere it will be in the back of my rig for now.

I also have been thinking about what her name should be. I was going to name her Pearl because that is what I was going to name Leo but got thwarted when he came out a boy. But Pearl doesn't seem right for her.  Then I wanted to name her Betty, but it turns out that Electra already has a bike style called Betty. And frankly, it has a lot more personality than my bike, and that personality costs about $200 more, so I will be happy with my Vanilla Townie.  So because her color is vanilla, I was going to name her Millie.  Millie Vanilla, get it? But that is too dumb even for me.  So the search for a suitable name continues. I am open to any and all suggestions.

So while my bike isn't that cool looking, my helmet is another story.  As soon as I saw it I knew it was the one for me.  The checkerboard pattern reminds me of ska and I want to get a sticker of the English Beat girl  or the 2 Tone guy for the side of it. Also, the shape of the helmet reminds me of the video for "Take On Me" by a-ha. Every time I put it on I hear the song in my head! (I hope that gets old after a while and stops.)
So, if you are on the lower south hill and see a fat old woman with a cool helmet riding a bike and grinning, stop and say hi!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This post is full of references that I UNDERSTAND!

Congrats on your new wheels!

Now I can't get 'Mirror in the bathroom.......' out of my noggin.