Saturday, May 19, 2012

Coming To

I have lost 23 pounds in the past 3 months. And I feel fatter than ever. Here is what's going on.

I read somewhere recently that most overweight people are unconscious of their bodies. This resonated with me because that's exactly how I have felt for most of my life. And I didn't really realize it because I was unconscious to all of it. Body image was not something I ever thought about. I mean, I have a good self image and happen to think that I am a great person, and a lot of other people think so too. My body and how fat or thin it was never really entered into it. But things are changing on the outside, and the inside is following. I am becoming a more active person with more energy. And now I am finding that the image of myself in the mirror does not match up with who I am inside. My clothes are getting looser but I am not quite ready for the next size down, so I just feel like a baggy slob these days. Weight loss cannot happen fast enough. I still have a long way to go, in fact I could stand to lose another 100 pounds. But I guess the good news is that for the first time in my adult life, I can see what's going on with me inside and out. I am no longer unconscious.

No comments: