Saturday, May 26, 2012

Charming

Weight Watchers has my number.  They do this thing where they give you a key ring and charms as you achieve certain goals, weight loss and otherwise.  I am close to getting some of these and it is keeping me on track and motivated to continue.  They are just stupid little charms!  They have no power!  However I am powerless over my own coveting nature, which compels me to collect these little pieces of metal.  I am trying to figure out which one I will get first.  I estimate I am about a week or so away from getting my 25 pounds lost charm. I am 2 weeks away from getting my 16 weeks charm, which they give you after you have gone for 16 weeks. Weight Watchers says that is how long it takes to create a habit, so they reward you for it. The award I will be receiving last is ironically the one I should have received first! It is the thing that holds the charms, and you get it when you lose 10% of your body weight. I still have a few pounds to go before I get that one, but not too many! I am looking forward to receiving all these in the next few weeks. The next one after these will be the charm for fifty pounds lost. That will take a while, but I am reasonably certain that I will eventually get there. I am in it for life!

No comments: