Tuesday, May 22, 2012

EAT--Shaving My Coffee

As a Weight Watcher, I can have a certain amount of points worth of food every day.  When I first started, that number of points was 37.  As my weight goes down, so do the number of points per day. Now my number is 34, and it will continue to go down as I lose more weight.  So I have started to try to figure out how I can cut out a point or two here and there while not sacrificing taste or amount of food.  Every morning I have coffee with coconut creamer.  The coffee is zero points but the creamer is three points.  So far, being able to have my creamer from my pre-WW days has been worth the three points. But now I am at a point where I do not want to give up my coffee but I do not want to spend three points on it either. So I am experimenting with different ways to make three points into one point but still have it taste good. I bought some of that syrup they use at coffee houses, sugar free coconut, no points! And half and half is only 1 point for 2 tablespoons!  So I was all excited to try it, and I have to admit I was less than impressed with my one-point coffee. Tonight I tried almond milk instead of half and half with the syrup, and again I was disappointed. Perhaps I should quit trying to shave points off my coffee and look elsewhere for point cutbacks!

No comments: