Sunday, May 13, 2012

BIKE--Trepidation

Last week I agreed to go on a bike ride today with several of my friends.  It is 3 miles each way. My previous distance record was set yesterday, a whopping 1.6 miles. To say that I am worried that I won't be able to do this is a vast understatement. But I have wonderful supportive friends so whatever happens, I am in good hands. I am such a novice at this biking thing, I don't even really know how to prepare for it.  I am bringing water, my bike lock, some cash, my phone and my helmet. I hope that is enough! I will update this post later with how it all went.  Wish me luck!

OH MY GOD THAT WAS SO FUN!!!
I want to do it every week!! The three miles there were the hardest, and they weren't even that hard!  Max taking me up all the hills in my neighborhood really helped prepare me.  I rode up every one!  Then we went to Rocket Bakery and had some food and coffee and rested for a little while, and then we rode back, which was mostly downhill. and before I knew it, I had ridden 6 miles! What is awesome, is that my heel doesn't hurt at all when I ride.  It hurts now, but I am ok with that.

My first actual bike ride was a smashing success!!  YAY!!!

No comments: