Friday, May 11, 2012

EAT-- What I Learned Last Night

I am in a Bunco group.  This means that once a year it is my turn to host Bunco at my house.  Last night was that night.  This includes serving dinner for 12 people before the game. This year I decided to make it easy on myself and got pizzas from Papa Murphy's. I did my nutrition research beforehand, and decided to get one of the pizzas with their light crust, and I planned my portion along with my points. But here is what I learned: if I am faced with unlimited amounts of pizza, I will eat unlimited amounts of pizza! I had my 2 slices that I had portioned out, then a third slice of that one, and 2 more slices of the super cheesy fatty thick crust kind! The 2 pounds I had lost earlier in the week were right back on the scale when I weighed this morning, no surprise there. I think the lesson I can take from this is, pizza is my heroin, and I am rendered helpless in it's presence.  I need to just stay away from it when I can.

No comments: