Monday, May 28, 2012

BIKE--Extravaganza Wrap-Up

Today the Formerly Three Now Two Day Bike Ride Extravaganza wrapped up with a trip to Medical Lake to ride their paved path around the lake. According to their website, it is a four mile loop, but we went around it twice and only logged six miles. It was a fun and pretty ride.


I tried again to take pictures while I rode, it might be easier if I used my camera instead of my iPhone. Anyway, the lake was very nice. There is a park with baseball diamonds and picnic areas and lots of people were down there having picnics for Memorial Day. One guy had a tightrope tied between two trees and was walking on the tightrope while juggling! I took a picture but he was too far away.  There was a start and finish line painted on the path by the park, I thought that was pretty cool.


There was a guy running in the opposite direction from us.  He had on a shirt that had "Land Shark"  printed on it. We saw him three times during our two loops, I think he was faster than we were!  The third time we saw him I couldn't take it any more and yelled "GO, LAND SHARK!!!"  I don't think he appreciated it and I'm not sure my friends did either!  However, we did think that the Land Sharks would be a good name for our bike club gang.


After our ride was finished, we thought of some other places we could ride, some local, some a bit of a drive. I'm so glad I have friends who like to ride bikes as much as I do, I hope we keep this going all summer long!


No comments: