Sunday, May 6, 2012

Out Of The Ashes

I have been having this huge urge to blog again. That is because whenever my life is undergoing major changes, I find I have a lot to say. I decided that I needed a blog that reflects what is going on now. So I took my knitting blog, Knitmare on Elm Street, and changed the name. This kind of makes me sad because I think Knitmare on Elm Street was the best blog name ever, seeing as how I knit AND live on Elm Street! But these things happen. Allow me to explain the change.

EAT-- About 2 1/2 months ago, I joined Weight Watchers. Even though I go to meetings, I use their website's tools to track what I am eating. On their website they have a community which includes a place to blog. I have put several posts up, but it seems silly to use their blogs when I have several blogs of my own just sitting here getting dusty. I will be reprinting some of those posts here, as well as talking about my weight loss (20 pounds so far) and what I eat.

KNIT-- As everyone and their uncle knows, I am a knitter. I made a promise to myself that I would be better at documenting what I knit. So there's that.

BIKE-- I made a list a while back of things I wanted to do when I lost weight. Number two on that list was Ride a Bike. I thought about it and decided not to wait. After weeks of research and coveting, I bought a bike yesterday! This blog will chronicle the process of me becoming a genuine bike rider. Because I am not that now.

And of course there will be posts about nothing as well. So I hope to have some readers eventually and would love it if I were an inspiration to somebody someday!

No comments: